JULY – SEPTEMBER 2020
CHANIA FOOD TOURS, 3 hour walking tour Crete
Join Kelly from The Hellenic Odyssey for a guided walking tour of Chania in Crete.
Chania is known for its people, its hospitality and its produce. Join this tour to learn about the Cretan food & culture as a local not a tourist. Explore all of your senses while you experience this immersive tour on foot.
Explore Chania with a local food lover on a 3 hour food walking tour, strolling leisurely through the backstreets and little-known pockets that only locals seem to know about. In between sampling Cretan specialties, you will also learn about the art of filo making and visit a traditional Kafeneio (coffee house).
Savour the taste of Crete and sample Greek coffee & Cretan bougatsa, a light lunch at an iconic Cretan eatery, while you browse and learn about the differences among Greek cakes and biscuits on display, sampling a traditional Greek dessert and drink as well as other dairy products such as local cheese and seasonal produce from passionate traders who are proud to share their knowledge.
Chania Food Tours. Price per person $100 AUD. Once you have purchased your tour, please email us your preferred dates between 6 July to 6 Sept 2020 to secure that place.
We reserve the right to cancel the tour if we do not reach minimum number requirements and in that case a refund will be issued.
Please make sure to read and understand our terms & conditions before purchasing.
- Guided walking tour and commentary throughout
- Morning tea at a café
- Variety of food and cultural stops
- Market visit
- Bakery and delicatessen visits
- Tasting samples
- Introduction to Chania, its food and its culture
- Taste the most popular local, authentic and traditional Cretan food
- Learn about the origins and health benefits of the Mediterranean diet
- Learn about the Cretan way of life and its people’s eating habits
What to bring:
- An appetite!
What to wear:
- Casual and comfortable clothing
- At the entrance of the municipal market, please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start time. Platia Agoras 69, Chania, Meet on the Sofoklis Venizelos Square side